Landon Carver’s latest Club Mistral Kite/Windsurfing Placements for recent graduates from the Outdoor Adventure and Education Sector in Ireland. This opportunity provides funding for 4 candidates to spend 60 days immersed in Club Mistral centres in Spain and Greece. Candidates will spend time learning from Club Mistral’s experienced staff, a multitude of clients and students from a wide variety of social backgrounds and sectors.
4 candidates will be given the opportunity to work in Club Mistral centres for 60 days from approximately April 25th until June 27th 2015. The funding covers all associated travel costs, insurance, some branded clothing, a subsistence amount as well as accommodation for the duration of the stay.
Participants will experience, observe and learn techniques and systems that will enhance the service they deliver in their workplaces in Ireland. Successful candidates will be scheduled to work in a number of areas including instruction, equipment maintenance and distribution. They will also shadow instructors and sit in on briefings.
For more information on Club Mistral visit here
During the placement participants will:
• Be provided with a practical enhancement of their existing skills which can be transferred to their work in Ireland.
• Enhance networking skills and build relationships with like-minded outdoor enthusiasts.
• Increase technical ability in wind/kite surfing.
• Provide exposure to different cultures.
• Improve language skills.
• Provide a Euro Pass mobility certificate.
• Gain a QQI/FETAC Level 5 in Work Experience.
Participants Roles and Responsibilities
• Support of the centre manager (Opening, cleaning the centre, taking bookings, general office work).
• Instruction of clients (giving professional wind or kite surfing tuition to clients, taking responsibility for client safety and scheduling lessons).
• Equipment management (covers the maintenance and repair of equipment and taking responsibility for equipment during lessons).
• Guest care services (establishing a good relationship with clients, ensuring they enjoy the wind/kite surfing experience).
• Promotion of the centre and its services.
• Candidates should be involved in outdoor adventure, activity or education related work.
• They should also be graduates of an Irish outdoor adventure, activity or education related course (NFQ Level 5 or similar) within the previous 18 months.
• Previous experience either wind or kite surfing.
• A keen enthusiasm for working in the outdoors.
• Be flexible, motivated, enthusiastic, work well on their own & as part of a team and be incredibly passionate about the sport of wind or kite surfing.
• Have the ability to provide references from at least three sources.
• Hold an in-date and open EU passport.
• The ability and availability to travel to Spain or Greece for the time period specified.
• Hold an in-date EHIC/E1-11 card (or be able to attain one in time for the placement).
It is not essential, but desirable for all candidates to:
• Have experience of facilitation of learning in the outdoors.
• Have language Skills in German, Greek or Spanish.
• Be able to provide Garda clearance.
• Have completed First Aid training.
Applications for this programme are now closed. However we are currently developing future placements with this provider. So please forward a CV along with a letter (No more than 500 words), outlining why they believe they should be chosen for future Windsurfing placements to firstname.lastname@example.org